- Rachel Leasure married Alfred Pierce in Garrard County, Kentucky on 12 Feb 1824.[i]
- Rachel Pearce is named as daughter and heir in Joseph Lasure will written Oct 1835 and probated in July Court 1838.[ii]
- Rachael Pearce is found in the 1850 census in the 1st division in Garrard County, Kentucky. She is listed as age 41 with $40 value of real estate. With her are most probably her children; Will H age 24, Almira J age 22, and Amanda G age 16. There is no indication of marital status but most likely Alfred died sometime after 1834 and before 1838.[iii]
- R. R. Pierce is found in the 1860 census in the Lancaster post office area, Garrard County, Kentucky. She is listed as age 50. She is living in the David Baker household. (“Mandy” aka Amanda Pearce married David Baker 21 Apr 1851 in Garrard County according to Family Search database Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979, Index; Indexing project MO1079-7; source film 183256; reference 1040 p55).[iv]
- Rachel R Pierce is found in the 1870 census in Lancaster District No. 3, Garrard County, Kentucky. She is listed as age 58 with $325 value of real estate. With her is the Benjamin Waldrige family. (Almira Jane Pearce married Benjamin Worlledge [sic] 15 Oct 1857 in Garrard County according to Family Search database Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979, Index; Indexing project M01079-9; source film 183256; reference V7 p259.).[v]
- Rachael Pearce is found in the 1880 census in Brandy Springs Precinct #1, Garrard County, Kentucky. She is listed as age 75, living alone.[vi]
Based on the ages listed in the census records Rachel was born between 1805 and 1812. Because of the age of her father and probable age of her mother, Rachel, I’m inclined to believe the earlier dates. But then again, Rachel is listed in all the census records as being born in Kentucky. If that is true, then the 1809-1812 dates are more likely as one of her brothers was married in Virginia in the 1804 which places the family still in Virginia at that time and the first records for Joseph in Garrard County is the 1810 census.
I haven’t found a death record for Rachel yet but at least I know she died after 1880.