Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Leisure Family Blog

Well, we're up and running. Last June at the reunion, I had hoped to have the blog ready to go by January and here it is!!
As time goes on we'll learn more about each other and our ancestors. We may even have same interesting facts to report at the 2011 reunion. There'll be more information on that later.
Please note, I've placed a page with information from my data on the 1st two generations of Joseph and Rachel (Ryan) Leisure. There will be more to come and, hopefully, some of you will add pages on your ancestors as our lines split off.
I'm looking forward to this family interaction:)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky! Another geneablogger here and I have distant family ties to the Leisures of Rush County, Indiana! Merrie D. Leisure, son of Henry and Martha Sonders Leisure, married Estella Maud (Stella) Trowbridge. Stella is a pretty distant Trowbridge cousin but my grandmother's best friend when she was a young woman was a Leisure. I think her first name was Mary but I don't know her ancestry. She may have been the Mary L. Leisure found in the 1930 census (single age 35) in Knightstown which is where my grandmother lived. My grandmother was Mary Fern (Newby) Runyan. I have a gazillion ties to the Rush and Henry Co. Indiana areas and also some in Madison Co. Great to meet another blogger researching these areas!!

    ReplyDelete